Monday 15 April 2013

Website in progress


Over the past few weeks I have been designing my website and creating links from one page to another. I have created this on www.wix.com. Whilst using this website I have been unable to show my progress which has been made as pages save automatically but I will explain what I have done.

Firstly I created a 'Welcome' page. This is a page that advertising the band and has various 'sneak peaks', if you like, to show what’s on other pages of the website. This includes an advertisement on the latest song release, promotion of a new album, news on tours and direct links to other fan pages of the band.

I then created a large title and bold heading to advertise the latest item from the band which is their new single along with video from their new album. I then added short subtitles and paragraphs to the welcome page selling different stories from different pages. I feel this really enhances a fan and is portrayed to the right audience. Days later I chose a colour scheme which I felt was easy on the eye and advertised to my audience. For example, I did not use bright pink fonts or background colour as this is not a convention of my music genre of folk rock/indie rock.

I then added some images from the days that I filmed the music video to show my audience that every information is recent and up to date. Also I placed all my texts and images into an order that looks presentable and easy to read.

Creating a page about the recent news from the band is what a target audience wants to view and read. My news page includes three main topics that are recent from the band and that an audience can relate to. I have kept my colour scheme of fonts and image boarders the same throughout each page which creates a presentable website.

The images I have placed on to my website have all been taken whilst my actors have been getting ready to film and being filmed. I wanted to make them stand out as I know what images catch the eye of a reader instantly. A green boarder mixed well with the blue background of slides compliments the images.

I have produced a video page on the bands website which is a direct link to the audience as they will view a music video that will interest them. This is advertising the band and helps them sell albums and singles.

On my gigs page, after stating in my welcome page a paragraph about their upcoming tour, I have followed on with the revealed venues but still have an audience in anticipation over the dates and other venues.

No comments:

Post a Comment